Elevating Your Natural Beauty with Jenorah
You Are Beautiful!
In a world that is constantly telling us we are not good enough or we are not young enough, we are not this or we are not that, what we need to do is start making a stand and realizing that we are beautiful just as we are. Skin care should be used only as a tool to take care of and enhance our natural beauty, keeping our skin healthy and radiant, not try and make us look like someone else. And why aren't we celebrating our age? Being healthy and having healthy skin IS BEAUTY!!!!
So now we know we should love our skin and take care of it to make sure it stays healthy, how do we do that effectively?
Steps to Achieve Healthy Skin.
1. Hydration: Drink plenty of water and use a moisturizer. This helps maintain skin elasticity and plumpness, preventing dryness, flakiness and fine lines. Staying hydrated supports skin barrier function and overall skin health. It also flushes out toxins and promotes a clear complexion. We always here "drink more water," which is SUPER important, but how often do we hear that we also should be putting on moisturizer? Choosing a great moisturizer with clean ingredients is key to that part!
2. Protection: Use sunscreen, limit sun exposure, and cover your skin. This is highly important for many reasons. UV rays can cause skin damage, including sunburn, premature aging, and skin cancer. Prolonged sun exposure can also weaken the skin's natural defense mechanism and reduce its ability to retain moisture. Sunburns can cause pain, redness and peeling. And of course the dreaded skin cancer, which is the most common form of cancer in the U.S. and prolonged sun exposure increases the risk. UV rays can also cause hyperpigmentation, age spots, and wrinkles.
3. Healthy diet: Consume vitamins (A, C, E) and minerals like iron and zinc that support skin health. Increasing your antioxidants from fruits and vegetables can help protect skin from damage caused by free radicals. Healthy fats found in foods like avocados, nuts, and olive oil can keep skin moisturized. Hydrating foods, such as water-rich fruits and vegetables, can help keep skin hydrated. Limiting sugar, processed foods, and alcohol can reduce inflammation and prevent breakouts.
4. Get your Sleep: Sleep helps with boosting skin cell and tissue repair. It is also great for reducing the levels of the stress hormone cortisol, which can cause inflammation and breakouts. Sleep improves blood circulation, which delivers oxygen and nutrients to the skin and helps maintain a balanced hormone level, which affects skin health and appearance. Sleep allows the skin to recharge and refresh, giving you rested and rejuvenated appearance.
5. Cleansing: Gently wash the face, avoid harsh chemicals and exfoliate regularly. Cleansing helps prevent the buildup of bacteria that can cause skin infections. It's important to use a gentle cleanser and avoid over-cleansing or using harsh soaps that can strip skin of its natural oils.
6. Follow a regular skincare routine: Consistently follow a routine that works for you, making sure to choose products that are natural and gentler for your skin. It's important to find a routine that works for your skin type and concerns and to use products that are suitable for your skin and without harsh chemicals.
These are a few steps to help maintain healthy skin. Shining brighter in our own skin, elevating our natural beauty with health and radiance! This should be our goal, to love ourselves and to be able to look in the mirror and see the natural beauty that exists, after all each passing year is a blessing that should be celebrated!